Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
A poll (Read 69933 times)
Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: A poll
Reply #45 - 07/28/06 at 16:07:17

n2o_user: that's awesome!

Wish I could have seen it run.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #46 - 07/28/06 at 18:31:31

I always liked the Mustang. If anyone wants to see it, it is on the first page of Hot Rod Shack. It still looks good, even if it does have a ford engine now. It is still one of my favorite cars to come out of Altus and on of the fastest. I remember Kyle wrecking the Camaro, I think it was at the corner of Veterans and Broadway. I dont think Larry has done anything to the Nova that raced that night. He also has the Nova that Joey Click had. Jimmy Wright bought it from Joey, pulled the BB TH400 out and put in a 350 and glide. He wasnt happy with the way it ran, ended up trading it to Robby Hays, who then sold it to Larry. So now Larry has 2 green Novas.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #47 - 07/28/06 at 22:32:48

I assume we are talking about Larry Bornholdt. I believe he has three Novas! The nice one in storage and the two in his driveway. I bet the one he raced all those years ago is the one in the front of his drive. I think Larry still has the fat tired Camaro also. Does anyone remember the Camaro Darryl Schenk (Smith) had? He hung out a Kae Myers Mazda alot. It was white originally and later he painted it grey. I can remember Michael Maahs saying something about that car running in the nines- 1/8 mile! So slow nowadays.  Speaking of Michael Maahs I bet someone can remember the old Camaro that he built and fat tired himself. I don't know if it was all that fast but it sure looked cool! I can remember Neil Blackwell in high school working for Jeff at D&J speed Equipment. He had an old pickup that was supposedly fast but I never saw it run. Git downs maybe you can tell us if the chevyII that Freddie had was as fast as it was rumored to be? I wonder if the Maahs Bros. still have the yellow Dodge Darts they use to race?

IP Logged

olcoe

Chevy Speed

Reply #48 - 07/28/06 at 22:37:14

Monte, Just saw the pass u made. car runs sweet,looks good to. Nice job with a sbc.

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #49 - 07/28/06 at 22:50:43

Thanks Brian   I sure would love to see both of yours sometime!  I can fit THREE cars on my trailer at once-hint hint!   Monte

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #50 - 07/29/06 at 00:21:53

see this is more like it I guess the classroom lecture really paid off.

well my work here is done I'm off to save another topic,lol im a riot arent I

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #51 - 07/29/06 at 01:00:38

The Chevy II was very fast it its day. It had small bias ply tires and was very hard to beat. I was in Calif. and I know he had a blast with it. I dont remember the Camaro of Darrels, but remember him having an El Camino. In the late 70's we hung out at a gas station on the corner of Falcon and Main. Late at night there were alway hot rods around there. A spanish fellow worked there, I think his name was Joe, he had a Camaro. Jimmy Wright had his early Nova, Jerry had a 67 Z28, Kyle Watson had the Camaro, Clay Thompson had a Corvette,  there were other cars too, another spanish guy from Martha had 66-67 SS Chevelle. The Maahs Bros do still have the Darts. Mike built the Camaro as a show car, won lots of awards with it, I remember seeing a picture of it in Super Chevy magazine, when the had Super Chevy shows at Thunder Valley. Larry at J&N had a white Camaro that ended up with its picture in the mag also.

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #52 - 07/29/06 at 01:29:02

I remember a few of those. I must haev just missed the others.

if anyone has old pictures of them I would be glad to scan them and post them.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

streetisez

Chevy Speed

Reply #53 - 07/30/06 at 15:32:12

the red mustang runs 6.50s now with a ford motor & no nitrous . just a little slower than the chevy motor lol . Smiley

IP Logged

streetisez

Chevy Speed

Reply #54 - 07/30/06 at 16:46:25

maahs bros had 2 darts 1 yellow 1 red. every year thay say ther going to get them running agian. i wish thay would thay were cool cars. greg downs has a nice dart to . greg when are you going to get your street car running.

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #55 - 07/30/06 at 19:05:59

I didnt know they painted one of them red. Marks was a SB powered Dart that started out green, like the one I have. Mike is poered by 383, not sure what it was originally, last time I saw them they were both yellow, but that was many years ago. When will me Dart be going? I dont know. As far as street car goes, real soon. Thought about being ready for Vernon, but not enough time off from work for that, besides it is too hot this time of year. Look for me around the end of Sept. Still waiting for tittle for the Camaro. Dont want to do anything till I get it in my hands. I was checking to see if any of the Ford boys could read  Grin when I made that remark about the Ford engine, lol.  Wink

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #56 - 07/30/06 at 19:22:51

I remember them when they were both yellow also.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

streetisez

Chevy Speed

Reply #57 - 07/30/06 at 22:10:16

1 of the cars was red when thay got it . it was parked at tamarack apt in the 80's. it use to race at ardmore. what ford boys have you asked ther is only 2 that i know of Smiley

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #58 - 07/30/06 at 23:06:29

Hey Floyd     Fords are great for haulin' Chevy race cars!  You know I've seen ford cars with chevy engines but no chevy cars with ford engines! In all reality there was a guy over at Frederick that won alot of races with a blue oval! What about the Fairlane? Goin' to the track this year?    Monte

IP Logged

streetisez

Chevy Speed

Reply #59 - 07/31/06 at 18:08:34

when i get through with bobby's car im going to get the fairlane and get it runing . it should be pretty fast. for a ford . yow you chevy guys would never make it to the track if you didnt have a ford Undecided

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print