Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
A poll (Read 69928 times)
Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: A poll
Reply #30 - 07/25/06 at 22:35:13

olcoe,

I will be back on normal work hours by next week. Just yell at me anytime. Rob has my cell number. Need to just sit down and visit some more. Since we live so far apart we never see each other, hehe.

I am going to be posting some video of robs, and monty's car this weekend. Going to put up some old video from Floyds as well.

Great to hear from you!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #31 - 07/25/06 at 22:35:44

Also, got my axles today, they sure look too short to work   =)

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #32 - 07/25/06 at 22:35:51

famrers toy is not an Altus legendary car
maybe a Jackson county legendary car

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #33 - 07/25/06 at 22:37:01

Who cares. Who made you message board Police?  Grin

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #34 - 07/26/06 at 03:11:41

well i guess it's kind of hard for me to bring up legendary cars since i havent been around that long lol i still stick with the ones that ive always heard of as being altus' finest and fastest not to say these are the only ones these are just the ones i have always "heard" about: that is smileys nova and chevelle, santiagos camaro (i think his is the one that started burning out on the dyno 2 years ago could be wrong though), and raddlebushes cars.  these were the people who were talked about for there cars being so called "legendary" at least these are the ones i remember from years past.    

olcoe,  are you the guy that has the baby blue older chevy and related to the guy that has the big block red 70's model truck i could be mistaken thought id ask

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #35 - 07/26/06 at 08:48:45

olcoe is an old school racer himself. Rob adn I went to high school with him.

Great guy and a great driver. He has built some killer rides. Him and his dad have one hella fast and sweet 55 that has been around forever.

When we met him he had an old grey and primer 67? longbed that sounded like it was missing and the tranny slipped. At the time greg walkers truck was probably the fastest car at the high school. One day at lunch olcoe wanted to race and we thought he was kidding. My two most vivid memories on that day was when he popped his hood and he had something he called an Oil Bath Air cleaner. (I had never seen one at that point) All I could see was there was no way that thing could get any air and I just laughed. My other memory of that day was when he put 2 or 3 car lengths on gregs truck.   Grin

His truck was beat up but cool and now IMO it is flawless. And a shortwide to boot.  Grin

Chris

Oh, and the 55 looks the same but just gets faster every year.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

slamed_89blazer
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

Reply #36 - 07/26/06 at 15:39:16

hey guys sorry i havent been on here in awhile but michael told me to get on so here i am lol...anyways i didnt read this whole post cuz it looked to long but has anybody said timmy's camaro i know it hasnt been on the tha streets in a long time but i consider it a legend.

slamed_89blazer  
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #37 - 07/26/06 at 19:17:22

To me that would be on my list for sure!!!!

Welcome back =)

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #38 - 07/27/06 at 13:52:36

This thread is hilarious. I remember Farmers toy when he ran a 55 wagon with a 5 speed. Foley ended up with the Junk Yd dog. Ended up running low 7's before he passed away, he was a really good guy also. I have seen Smiths Camaro on the street a few times, with mufflers,  mid 6's, no nitrous, fast car. Jerry always had fast street cars, no matter what anyone thinks of him, there was always racing going on when he was here. Him and Jimmy Wright could stir up more shit than everyone else put together. I lived in Mangum, didnt get over here that much, but could always come over and find a race, either in Altus or at the dragstrip with Altus cars. For me, my wagon was the most fun car I ever had, didnt even own a trailer back then drove it everywhere, including serveral trips to OKC to do some street racing. It lost very few races, once to Jerrys orange 69 Camaro, I blew a head gasket on that race. I drove it to his garage, pulled the head off, replaced the gasket, put it back together in about 2 hours and went out and raced him some more. And then Stacy came over from Lawton with a Nova and beat me. It would run low 7's, lots of fun to play with.
p.s. 442Dude, do you remember racing me with the red 69 Buick Conv.?

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #39 - 07/27/06 at 20:21:28

Those days were fun!

My last Ticket racing ever was against jerry's orange camaro.

They knew what they were doing for sure!

Could really get people fired up for a race.

Chris

gitdowns I don't know how we never raced! Your stuff was always some of the fastest.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #40 - 07/27/06 at 23:13:08

another car to remember, Todd Walldroops 69 Chevelle, tilt front end, tunnel ram sticking through the hood, remember watching him and Jerry hook up on cow lot, Jerry was running the blue Nova. What about Winklers Chevelle? This being a military town, there have been lots of cars come through but never was around long. Another car recently that while it was a street car, wasnt out promoting people much, but was very fast was the red Mustang Jay had. It was a very fast car. Hers a good old racing story from the mid 70's. Kyle Watson had a 69 Camaro. He was at the broadway United parking lot with slicks on, knew something was going on. We stopped to check it out. He said he had a race later that night. When asked who he was going to race, he said the green Nova. We asked, you mean the one that is parked off Navajoe with the grass and weeds growing all around it? That was the one. About midnight we made our way to 3 miles east of 9 mile hill. Kyle was uncorking his car when the Nova got there on a trailer. First time I had ever seen the Nova moved from the back yard. It still had grass stuck to the slicks. They raced several times, the nova won the best I remeber, but was close and was extremely good races. That was the first time I had ever seen Larry. That was a night to remember.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #41 - 07/28/06 at 03:30:03

after thinking about it i know i wasnt around but kyle and brenda had always told me about his camaro since i have been into that kind of stuff, i remember them telling me he wrecked it and thats what made him get out of it or something like that

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #42 - 07/28/06 at 08:26:50

That's a a great story. I had never heard that one.
Now that's what this thread is for!

Chris

How bout doug's blue 4 door chevelle? It's now red and still runs around town.

Seemed like I raced him ever 2 days while he was stationed here.   Grin

The Administrator.
IP Logged

n2o_user
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

Reply #43 - 07/28/06 at 12:49:45

Greg
The red mustang ran 6.32 @ 112 on 10" tires with stock suspension and had power windows/doors, full interior and ttops. with 175 shot of nos. chevy powered of course

IP Logged

slamed_89blazer
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

Reply #44 - 07/28/06 at 13:50:10

i forgot sbout larry's green nova it looks nice now i drove it once with my dad like i think three years ago im not sure...but now its gettin a wicked ass motor put in it i dont remeber what it is but i know it bad tho.

slamed_89blazer  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print