Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tone down (Read 11513 times)
robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Tone down
08/07/06 at 12:56:22

Okay its probably time for some one to say it. I've got several complaints on the langauge and graphic details on here lately. I'm not saying Quite razing people but lets try to do it with a little more tact. just act like your kid or pastor was looking over your shoulder when your typing. And notice I said we that includes myself

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: Tone down
Reply #1 - 08/07/06 at 12:58:18

The board itself should delete most bad words. If you ever wonder why one word changes to something funny it's because it looks for bad words when you post.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #2 - 08/07/06 at 18:33:46

I really dont care it was just a suggestion It doesnt bother me

IP Logged

n2o_user
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

Reply #3 - 08/07/06 at 18:41:21

it'll be like the 7 words you can't say on tv/radio by George Carlin. oldie but a goodie Grin

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #4 - 08/07/06 at 20:21:09

Very.  Grin

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #5 - 08/08/06 at 20:38:02

And why are they complaining to you? Are you the msg board police? Better not say anything more, big brother is watching, what a crock. Maybe I will get deleted off here.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #6 - 08/08/06 at 22:34:15

I dont know why they would say something to be about it maybe they thought itwould be  point less to talk to you about it or you wouldnt understand what they where talking about Grin

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #7 - 08/08/06 at 22:45:41

But your a big boy know Greg you can decide for yourself you to do once again It was just a suggestion,lol and if your trying to get me riled up on this topic I did really imagine it will happen. Grin

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #8 - 08/09/06 at 00:27:02

Barney probably has a more suitable web site for you. Dont know for sure, but I bet you wouldnt get offended there, probable still get picked on, by kids but not offended. Took me awhile to decifer your last 2 posts, was you rilled up enough that you couldnt type?

PS, If my children and a priest were where they could see what I was typing on here, I would be supervising my children being around the priest, you know all those stories you here on the news these days.
« Last Edit: 08/09/06 at 08:09:24 by Gitdowns79 »  

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #9 - 08/09/06 at 09:02:36

I think a little controversy is fun. Plus we are all used to street racing talk. I think we can still keep it semi clean, talk a little crap and have fun. I think the only line that should be drawn would be personal attacks on a person. I haven't seen that yet and hope we don't. We have never had to remove or ban a user and would take a heck of a lot to do that.

Feel free to rip on my car all you want! Just don't get mad if I don't rip back. (At least till I have it running)

We have some great users here and I feel it can be a very productive site, and a little ragging will only keep it active.

You can't be affraid to post just because you will be dogged on. If someone dogs you and you don't want to jump in, just don't say anything. Everyone can respect that.

We have a lot of users that read all the time and never post. Feel free to jump in anytime!

Hey, I am just glad I am finally getting back into this. I missed all fun we used to have. Talking crap and racing. On the track and off.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

A442DUDE

Chevy Speed

Reply #10 - 08/09/06 at 11:43:43

WELL SAID CHRIS ! I TAKE BACK ALL THE TIMES I SAID JERRY WAS YOUR DADDY Grin

IP Logged

toyjunk
AltusRacing Newbies

being me

altus
Reply #11 - 08/09/06 at 14:52:13

hey on some sites you score a little star by your name for making the site gods mad, and at three they kick ya off. i always liked haveing a couple stars. he he. maybe we sould pass out stars too, you know kindergarden was a long 3 years for me. i had to wait around on rob, lol OK rob i will be good no more ragging on your daddy.

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #12 - 08/09/06 at 19:19:10

I figure Chris or Cindy would warn me if I was getting close to stepping over the line on anything I say. I know the machine kicks out any fowl languge anyways, so I just put what I want and let it fix the bad parts. I know there were somestuff put on here that was getting close to a personal attack on me, but it stopped pretty quick. I know since Steve replied to my nitemare post, this board has come to life. It was sure dead untill then, at least Chris hasnt had to beg people to say stuff on here lately.

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #13 - 08/09/06 at 19:42:34

Very true, it has been very active!   Thanks!

We have all the Bandwidth we need and all the storage space we need. So let's keep this thing going.

Been a blast so far. I hope you guys agree.

Let's get some media (Pictures and videos) on here.

Chris

Also, it's good to see some of the old school guys and some of the new school guys on here.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #14 - 08/09/06 at 19:44:39

Everyone just needs to remember, a little talking goes with racing most of the time.

I think "most" of it so far has been for fun. Nothing wrong with a little fun.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print