Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
A poll (Read 69932 times)
Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Re: A poll
Reply #15 - 07/24/06 at 21:46:29

Ok streetisez calm down! I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and your Ranchero! You have forgotten more about racing and going fast than I will ever know.  Making sub 7 second passes naturally aspirated isn't easy. I personally think that street is easy and what you do is tough. Nailing the tree every pass and running that consistent -I have seen you race the last couple of weeks and the Ranchero ran within 6 or 7 one-hundreths every time-that isn't easy! I think that I said that you didn't have interest in driving around on the street. I don't remember saying anything that I meant to be offensive. Put street tires and mufflers on the Ranchero and cruise to Sonic and no one would take you lightly. I love anything that is fast- I don't care what it is. I'm just too ignorant to work on anything except a Chevy!  As far as a legend is concerned I think that it would be a car with extensive history. That doesn't mean they aren't fast as hell now!  There is Fairlane in Mangum that has been running in the 7's for probably close to two decades! That is more of a legend to me than most of the cars around Altus now.   Anybody else pissed off at me?

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #16 - 07/24/06 at 22:13:35

Not me!

I wasn't even sure what happened.

At least we got some posts going!

Keep up the posts guys.

Chris

I can't think of anyone here that doesn't have a badass car!  Grin

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #17 - 07/24/06 at 22:19:40

Maybe once I FINALLY get my car done we can plan a day at the track with everyone!

Rob, Monty, Brian, Steve, Sammy, Floyd, Michael, Trevor, Tim, The Smiths, Jack, Butch and anyone else from around here that wants to go!

Maybe we can even get Larry to go.

Now that would be a blast! And the main reason I want to get going again.

Chris

If I forgot someone you will be invited also!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #18 - 07/24/06 at 23:03:32

I am damn it but you probably dont care cuz i love givin you hell anyways.

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #19 - 07/25/06 at 00:21:36

Well in your case I could care less if you were pissed at me! Ha Ha  Hey Floyd also I think that I was the first to mention Sammy on this site when he won a race earlier. Sammy is one of the nicest guys I know and nobody deserves every the success he gets more. I don't dog anybody and I only brag on other people's rides! I leave the crap talking for the people that think they have to prove something. I do what I like because I like it- not to impress or outdo or outrun anybody else.  Because of that attitude I will never have the fastest or nicest car around! I am perfectly alright with that. This car thing is fun and my friends are more important to me than that. You will probably never see my car go rounds of eliminations at the track or see it sitting at a car show- it wouldn't win either one. Like I said that stuff doesn't mean anything to me.  Any way enough of that. Is anybody ready for another cruise or something like it? I sure am!

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #20 - 07/25/06 at 09:04:29

Well said monty!

I am ready for a cruise myself.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #21 - 07/25/06 at 20:34:49

Okay class payattention we are going to go through this yet agaibn this is about "legendary cars of Altus"
To start with "of Altus" means the owner of the car lived in Altus "meaning the car was in Altus" or it could be the the car was driven in Altus. No where does it say anything about racing "on or off the track". I think we have the Altus part covered.

Now lets dicuss legendary

leg·en·dar·y (lĕj'ən-dĕr'ē)
adj.
Of, constituting, based on, or of the nature of a legend.see also legend

Celebrated in legend.
Extremely well known; famous or renowned.

leg·end (lĕj'ənd)
n.

An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical.
A body or collection of such stories.
A romanticized or popularized myth of modern times.
One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.

An inscription or a title on an object, such as a coin.
An explanatory caption accompanying an illustration.
An explanatory table or list of the symbols appearing on a map or chart.

No ALL I was trying to do here is find out what cars (OF SEVERAL YEARS BACK) are still talked about or known about by the kids in or fresh out of high school In other words lets here what  Micheal and Login have to say. I'm the same age as most of you guys I remember most of the cars. Floyd,Sammy,Montes cars are fast they are all nice but go talk about them in a different topic they have no bussiness in this topic as they have only been around 5years and that goes for my car to. This topic is not to agrue about racing it is to reminisce of the old cars. If this post makes anybody mad TOUGH. If you are mad in this topic you are banned from it(this topic) go be mad in another topic  Grin

And to prove its all about fun what about that real nice 66 mustang that supposedly back in to the automechanics biulding at the high school and Gary Paugh had to cut apart two mustangs to rebiuld it. How about that for a legand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #22 - 07/25/06 at 21:14:56

WOW Rob!   First I know you aren't that educated in English! Second I didn't know that somebody would type definitions right out of the dictionary to be dsplayed on a website full of a bunch of gearheads!  All kidding aside it is just like the saying-beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This legend thing is the same way. Everybody has favorites and remembers things differently. I didn't realize that Underwoods p/u only ran 7.80's back in the day. That was with the big block and the blower on slicks! That info came from Floyd today. I  think somebody should come up with a way for all of us to get these things out and enjoy them and their owners more often.  I have had a blast the last couple of weeks at the dragstrip. Wish they would have two cruises a year. The cruise at Vernon isn't as fun for me.  Monte

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #23 - 07/25/06 at 21:34:44

well Monte you say only 7.80's, I say wow thats real fast. I say that because look at what the big shots where running back then. What do you think about a big block FULL sIZE truck doing wheel stands with 30-40year old tech. Back then 7.80 was FAASSSSSTTTTTTTTTT. So I guess in the late 80 when Chris was running 8.20 was slow to then huh gee Chris I hate to break it to you but you had a slow car back then hehehehehe

IP Logged

olcoe

Chevy Speed

Reply #24 - 07/25/06 at 22:06:06

OK HOTRODERS! Heres something to scracth your heads about. You want to talk about legendary street cars? This car has been in the local area for the past 25 years. It was built as a low budget street car,was used for high shcool transportation,oh and also a work car driving 50 miles a day,then could go to cowlot and run with any car around.{ Lets just say its been one of the fastest cars around for 25 years,made plenty of guys spend money trying to outrun a little sbc,stock suspension car.} Just to mention it ran the orginal 350 for 13 years,and for the last 12 the same 406. The owner built this car with used {junkyard}parts. not like some of your 25-50,000 dollar street cars. If you figured this car out,think you will agree its the legendary street car. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #25 - 07/25/06 at 22:09:18

I have been beat by that car actually. I couldn't forget it if I wanted    Grin

Good to see some posts here.

Course your old truck would count also but I still can't believe it's the same truck   Grin

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #26 - 07/25/06 at 22:11:04

another car I remember but it is not from altus....

Monty and the guys that race over at lawton will back me on this one.

Farmers Toy!

Nothing like pulling 5 gears in the 1/8th mile

Saw it last week, I can't BELIEVE it's an automatic now.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

olcoe

Chevy Speed

Reply #27 - 07/25/06 at 22:16:06

Chris we need to get together sometime and I will give you some pictures and the video of the truck and the car to put on this site.

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #28 - 07/25/06 at 22:17:57

hey Olcoe I thought we where talking about cool cars in this topic??????????? just playing  but since you brought it up..... why dont you explain to everyone here your speacial way to make a car jump straight up? also have many rearends did you go through in high school???

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #29 - 07/25/06 at 22:25:30

Farmers toy has been around quite a awhile. I only saw one pass the other night- a 6.09 pass!  Chris is right- that ol guy grabbin' gears- it didn't get any better than that!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print