Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Quiet (Read 32036 times)
84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Re: Quiet
Reply #30 - 05/01/06 at 03:29:54

well i got the rearend in tonite so it moves now lol if you get a chance chris stop by oreillys when you get off i get off at 7 and would like to make sure that thing is timed right although it sounds pretty good where it's at and i finally got it to idle at a decent speed so just let me know thanx o and happy b-day

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #31 - 05/01/06 at 08:51:11

I am planning on swinging by at 7 or just a little after. I will call your cell at 7 in case you don't get this.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #32 - 05/01/06 at 08:52:54

Gitdowns, I was just talking the other day about how nice that truck looks!

Great picture BTW.

I remember your old car, it was a fast ride for sure!

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #33 - 05/02/06 at 18:07:14

Thanks Chris, I enjoy running the pu. Picture was from the new track at Lawton a few weeks back. It is running the engine I had in the white Malibu back in the day. Runs 6:40's in the pu. Engine has sure seen alot of passes over the years. What are you doing to your car?

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #34 - 05/03/06 at 11:08:13

I decided to get back into turning wrenches last year and I was going to buy a third project car to mess with. I then decided to go ahead and redo my car again. It just wasn't built to handle back to back passes. Since I was going to replace the rearend and stiffen up the bottom end of the motor I decided to go ahead and put 33 x 16 rubber under the backend. So at this point I am also going to redo the inside and repaint everything. I should have it back in my hands in altus in a couple months. It is not going to make any more power than it did 8 years ago, but it should at least not spit out any parts every pass.

We have the wheelwells cut now and already put back together. Should have the tires fitted this week so I can order my axles.

Take a look under the "drag racing pictures" section under "Nova at Bill Moodys."

That always was a very strong motor in your car and your truck flies!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #35 - 05/04/06 at 17:06:37

Bill is a good guy, very good work. I do most of that work myself on my cars and have helped others on theirs. I dont have time to do it now days, If I do another car, Bill would be my choice. Will check out the pictures.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #36 - 05/04/06 at 17:49:19

I had asked a few people and they all said you were gone so much lately you wouldn't be able to do it. Would have been nice to keep it in altus. =)

I think I have figured out who is going to paint it, but am still open for suggestions.  Grin

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print