Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Quiet (Read 32035 times)
Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Quiet
04/18/06 at 23:56:03

Sure got quiet around here?

Everyone working on there stuff?

I sure miss mine.   Sad

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Re: Quiet
Reply #1 - 04/19/06 at 03:47:58

yeah i know im workin on my stuff all the time i actually just got home from throwin the oil pan on and paintin some misc. stuff,  i might need help timing my motor sometime in the next week if anyone is willing to lend a hand it would be helpful i just wanna be absolutely positive it is on thanx

IP Logged

bandit
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

S.W. Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 04/19/06 at 23:04:10

Cam timing or engine timing?

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #3 - 04/20/06 at 08:45:29

There are a few of us with advance lights that would give you a hand. Just let me know when a good time for you is and I can come by and help.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #4 - 04/21/06 at 04:00:43

well im going to pick my heads up saturday and ill throw the motor in that nite and hopefully be ready to start it up sunday as long as i can find something to put fuel in lol, i just need to set the timing on the motor the cam is already in and the motor is all put together except for heads and intake

IP Logged

slamed_89blazer
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

Reply #5 - 04/21/06 at 14:30:45

i would help you but im to busy workin on your bed tryin to get it straight lol

slamed_89blazer  
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #6 - 04/23/06 at 02:01:28

you know you could work on your truck chris

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

n2o_user
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

Reply #7 - 04/23/06 at 07:47:20

I'll stir the pot, since it is too quite around here. Robzridez, you made a comment about it doesn't matter who has the fastest car in town anymore. Apparrently you have  a car that can't compete with the big boys or you don't run your car on a Saturday night. I don't think the big dogs put 40 - 50 thousand in their cars to sit on the side lines and b.s. about how fast their cars should be. Now, I'm not picking you out to harrass you personally, I'm just commenting on a comment you made.

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #8 - 04/23/06 at 16:15:06

Way to stir the pot on your second post to the forum.

Now I remember why I retired from racing 8 or 9 years ago.   Grin

I will be back next year though. Although I will still be retired from street racing. Cars just got way too fast lately to race on the street. (But would love to match race at the track.)

If we were all still running 7.50's or slower I would still be on the street.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

n2o_user
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

Reply #9 - 04/23/06 at 16:37:55

Well, you said it was too quiet. lol. I figured that would get a response.  I agree that cars today are too fast for full nos passes in the country. I know a guy in Lawton that drives his car 30 miles to town and can lay down a 5.70 pass. pretty neat. One thing to ponder thou, a 7.0 ride at the track is more like a 7.50 - 7.60 in the country. specially if you have one of those big cubic inch BBC.

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #10 - 04/23/06 at 16:56:39

Very true!
I think my last pass at cowlot my car was running 7.20's or so. It was fun as hell but side by side could get crazy. (I do miss those days, racing at lunch and after school. Hundreds of passes and many 400's tore up.) Sorry I created the shortage of 400's guys! But for some reason I never lost one at the track or in an actual race. (I lost two in the High School parking lot!)

I took it out for a single pass about 9 years ago when the car was running 6.60's at the track and you are right. Hard to hook a ten inch slick at cowlot with a big block's torque curve.

Can't wait to get my chassis dialed in next year and then have a little fun! I sure miss this stuff. Who knows maybe after I get my chassis dialed in I might build a newer engine to drop in it. Although I did strengthen the bottom end this year. No extra HP but when I built it the first time I only wanted to make a single pass under 6.99 I don't care much for bracket racing. Just like to go fast and be able to take it to sonic for a coke. So when I ran my 6.67 (At only 67 MPH since I snapped my driveshaft when I pulled high gear) I put it on the trailer and moved on to the next phase of my life. Now that I have that taken care of I just want to get back in and see if I can jump back in where I left off. If I can run 6.66 or faster I will call it a success!  Wink

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #11 - 04/23/06 at 22:30:43

Hey n2o glad to see your back I kinda figured you weren't on here anymore. Grin

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #12 - 04/23/06 at 22:52:59

by the way who are you?and what do you have? If I could afford to spend 40 or 50 g on my car the I could have went to loves put 10 dollars of super and raced And then next day I could have pulled(wait payed someone to pull it) tear it down and see what I tore up from running pump gas through a motor with that much compression. The only reason I had it out that night was because we had a kind of a "meet the members of chevy speed". and I dont have anything against the guys that can afford to by a ready to run 20 thousand dollar car but I think the guy that had to biuld it himself and save to get there gets the extra cudos for him and his ride. So once again "the airport is closed I dont have the gas to run" I would have enjoyed a race I dont really know what the car will do since I got all the bugs out of it and I really dont care if I lose a race because I DON'T have the fastest car in Altus nor will I ever have the fastest car in Altus but i have a fairly hot car and I'm out there having fun with it . It's sad that "street racing" people have to talk so much s h i t  but when you go to the drag strip everybody super helpful and all agree its about having fun. Think Floyd might be on to something by not wanting to be able to drive his to sonic and get a coke he wouldnt have to listen to you would he....

IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #13 - 04/24/06 at 04:44:01

well this is getting interesting, just thought i would post up and let yall know the progress i got the heads saturday threw them on sunday, went to adjust the guideplates and one of the studs decided to bring the threads on out with it so ill be looking for a heli-coil kit that nobody decided to stock today lol and hopefully throw the motor in tonite (monday), the bed, hood, rollpan, and that stuff will be primered and ready for paint tonite (monday) so all i got left as far as body work is the cab ill try to get some pics posted up later to show yall the custom work lol

IP Logged

n2o_user
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

Reply #14 - 04/24/06 at 06:38:35

see now Robz, you took it personally and you weren't suppossed to. If I meant to ramrod you, I would have said"If it takes av gas-does that really make it a street car or just a slow race car with lights". The fastest street car that came out of Altus has been a garage built SBC and not a $40k car. Now I think the fastest car is an orange nova running 6.14s. Ahh, it's good not having a fast car anymore and being retired out of the street scene.  At least I livened the forum up for awhile. now back to my rose pruning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print