Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A question about our toys (Read 9155 times)
Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
A question about our toys
09/24/06 at 13:25:04

I've been thinking alot lately about us guys and our toys. Why is it that we have these cars, race cars etc. and they sit so much? I understand why the all out racecars do but there are so many awesome streetable cars in town that we seldom see! Is it because of lack of time? Do some people feel heat from the law? I'm sure I miss it when some of them are out, but it seems other than cruise weekend most of the cars go back inside to hibernate. I love old cars and hot rods and miss seeing them more often!  Is there anybody out on the weekends?  Get in here and fill me in on what everybody else is thinking!

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: A question about our toys
Reply #1 - 09/24/06 at 14:34:40

I see jays, brians truck and others out a lot. But it does seem pretty dead now days. That was so much fun when we used to just hang out with them. I am going to try to get mine out more than I have once it is finished. I would love to build a real streetable camaro or something one of these days to just hang out in.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

streetisez

Chevy Speed

Reply #2 - 09/24/06 at 17:27:51

BECAUSE THOSE CARS ARE A PAIN IN THE BUTT TO GET OUT AND DRIVE . ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A NEW CAR IN THE DRIVE WAY WITH POWER EVERYTHING & AIR . WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I DIDNT MIND DRIVING THE OLD CARS BECAUSE THAT WAS ALL I HAD . I GUESS I AM TO OLD NOW AND LIKE A LITTLE LUXUARY . JUST MY 2 CENTS.

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #3 - 09/24/06 at 18:02:57

I can completely relate to that statement. I get my Nova out and drive around the drag once and I'm bored already. I've had those thoughts also. I wondered if anybody else did too. On the other hand you'd think a guy would drive them at least every week or two- just for pleasure.

IP Logged

Jared Black
God Member

Chevy Speed

Arcadia, OK
Reply #4 - 09/25/06 at 08:02:36

Project Super Nova will be much more steet-able than my original plans.
At first, I just wanted a drag car and didn't care about driving it on the street, then as I've got deeper into the project, I realize how much time and money it takes- and for all that, I want to drive it more than 3 times a year. 
Since I've moved and don't have a trailer I obviously won't be going down to Thunder Valley every weekend. I agree w/ Floyd on the AC and other comforts.
Maybe if we had a car like what Boyd Coddington builds- all new parts, fuel injected LS1 motor, ac, all power and custom everything, it would be easier to drive daily. Let's face it, most of us don't even have windshield wipers anymore-- things like that we do to make it go fast also take away from the abilty to drive it comfortably.
But, the bottom line is- We have these toys for fun, so I say let's drive 'em!    Wink

Jared

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #5 - 09/25/06 at 11:03:07

I would get mine out more but I rarely have time to mess with it any more. I've still have lots of things with a higher priority right now. I'm really ready to start on my 55 and what ever I do with it it will always just be a street car I plan on driving it ALOT(like everyday).

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

A442DUDE

Chevy Speed

Reply #6 - 09/25/06 at 15:46:03

i miss not haveing a cool car to cruise now that mine is pretty much track duty only that's why i am building a 64 cutty with a tunel ram a cruiser with some attitude a/c is for girlie men lol at least up here where it hardly ever even hit's 90* Cheesy

IP Logged

Jared Black
God Member

Chevy Speed

Arcadia, OK
Reply #7 - 09/25/06 at 15:59:29

Sounds cool, got any pictures of it yet?

Jared

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #8 - 09/25/06 at 20:27:08

I guess Rob has a point. Don't those higher priorities really stink! I also think the younger kids would drive them more than us old fogeys. Guess they can't afford to buy these old cars nowadays. Hell I can't afford to either!  Monte

IP Logged

Jims78

AltusRacing

Reply #9 - 09/26/06 at 22:45:33

I think my tolerance level is different now than it was 15 years ago...now if I drive my Nova on back to back days I can't stand it....it's very temperamental, loud, and pisses off the neighbors....just for that reason I'm brining it home tomorrow....need to run the valves and set the timing....set off car alarms...

I do believe that it is our responsibility to bring our old cars out just so the younger kids see stuff that doesn't have a top fuel wing on the back of it or one of those coffee can tail pipes...

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #10 - 09/26/06 at 22:47:18

I heard the coffee can tailpipes pick you up at least a half second.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #11 - 09/27/06 at 02:10:35

yeah and those wings keep those front wheel drive beasts on the ground

IP Logged

Jared Black
God Member

Chevy Speed

Arcadia, OK
Reply #12 - 09/27/06 at 08:55:37

lol,
yea, anything that sounds like my weed-eater has gotta be fast!

JB

IP Logged

A442DUDE

Chevy Speed

Reply #13 - 09/27/06 at 13:07:17

Jared Black wrote on 09/25/06 at 15:59:29:
Sounds cool, got any pictures of it yet?

Jared

I WILL GET SOME UP MAYBE DO A PROGRESS POST

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print