Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
fast cars (Read 23112 times)
n2o_user
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

fast cars
03/20/06 at 19:06:15

Just curious who the top dogs are in Altus for street cars and how fast are the cars. Shocked

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: fast cars
Reply #1 - 03/21/06 at 16:01:09

I have been out of it for a while so I would have to guess. I don't count cars that can't be driven on the street. I would have to guess butch and santiago. Hopfully mine will run pretty well once it hits the street again.

Would be a good post for a poll though.

What do you guys think?

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #2 - 03/21/06 at 16:07:08

Although these days there are some pretty fast cars out there. Just a few I know of are.

Steve and his buick run incredibly fast these days
Brian and the 55 also
Both of witch can run on the street and have. They also built them themselves. (Big Plus in my book!)

I think any car that can be driven on the street and can run faster than a 6.99 in the 1/8th is fast as hell
Anything in the 7's is still pretty fast also but IMO once you hit 6.99 your in another league.

You guys think of anyone else? Please correct me if I am wrong. I have been out of this way to long.  Grin

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #3 - 03/21/06 at 17:16:55

The wilmes kid is supposed to be fast but dont how streetable they are and also Bradoc's looks to be pretty fast when its down but again dont know streetable it will be. I also agree with Chris if you biult and it runs that good its different than buying prebiult

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #4 - 03/21/06 at 20:34:53

smileys got a few nice streetable cars he actually just sold his chevelle which wasnt very streetable but ran damn good, santiagos nova ran 6.14's recently at the track in lawton, youngs el ranchero ran low 6's,  timmy at firestone has a pretty sweet camaro, although most of those cars arent very streetable they still are down for racing and would be the guys i look up to in this town.  havent heard of braddock or kirk in a while there are a few others i just cant think of right now but those are the ones i talk to alot and know that their stuff is wicked

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #5 - 03/23/06 at 20:46:30

Timmy's Camaro has to be my favorite car around!

It was running 6.80s I believe and that was a LONG time ago. With a small block even!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #6 - 03/24/06 at 01:51:14

ive never actually seen timmys camaro but ive heard stories plus i know timmy pretty well and is a great guy to talk to about anything to do with drag racing or just simple parts

IP Logged

tim collier
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/25/06 at 22:29:45

what about me Sad Cry????just kidding,, theres alot of good running cars aroud, like fords nova,,and i heard theres a sweet 69 red nova thats new in town???,, davlin is going to have a nice car,,,theres john davids elco,,,glenns camaro,,dobies nova,bryans 55,robs malibu,roudybushes cars, wats butches deal??? one day hes got 4 cars next hes got 1?? wat ever happend to all the good running trucks??? there used to be a lot of them, now theres bryan,jason,jr.,and that orange thing!!!(dont know his name), i think theres a lot of cars hanging around in peoples garages but  the problem is we dont get out and park up at jcpennies any more we need to start that again!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #8 - 03/25/06 at 22:41:33

Sounds like there still are a bunch of cars out there. Just makes me want to get mine done faster!

I finished the top end of my motor tonight. Now I just NEED to get the car back and get going. =)

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #9 - 03/25/06 at 22:42:14

I guess as far as trucks go I could hurry up and get my big block in my 83 Shortwide.. Grin

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #10 - 03/26/06 at 21:51:25

ah man come on just throw a lil small block in it so i can have some competition lol j/k

IP Logged

tim collier
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/28/06 at 20:45:30

what about elkins chevelle???? i heard he might put it back on the street???? so is this nova going to be ready for the cruise chris???

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #12 - 03/29/06 at 19:16:06

Mine sure won't be, it will be done for the cruise next year though.

All depends on how fast I can find someone to paint it!

Chris

I can't wait to see yours, you should post some pictures.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #13 - 03/29/06 at 19:21:52

tried posting video a while back not sure how to do it

IP Logged

tim collier
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/29/06 at 23:45:18

i just put a new bumper and filler pannel between the taillights,,  i would like to post some pcs but dont know how!!! come buy the station and tell me how.... and i got some nova pieces for sale like a rear bumper,new red grant steering wheel,door sill plates, also some very nice weld weels for a nova rear,i'm willing to sell all six of them if they want, i'm looking for a bench seet, Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print