Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
LETS SEE 'EM (Read 58110 times)
NITRONICK4601
AltusRacing Newbies

Re: LETS SEE 'EM
Reply #15 - 02/27/11 at 12:40:18

Launching at the Tripleshot race

138398JW4_9899.jpg (37 KB | 602 )
138398JW4_9899.jpg

"Nitro" Nick Smith J/D 4601

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #16 - 02/27/11 at 18:36:21

Looks great nick! Glad I got to see you and your dad yesterday.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #17 - 03/06/11 at 14:27:20

Chris Smith wrote on 02/26/11 at 21:03:59:
Sweet, let's line them up saturday at Noble, Tulsa or Sallisaw?

Chris

Soon, gotta get the engine back first, but you knew that when you promoted me. Safe to promote someone when you know their car isnt running.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #18 - 03/06/11 at 15:56:18

Wow, took a long time to come back with that one. I will wait for you. I sure wish I knew what I did to start this with you. I know you like to talk a lot of crap I just thought we were friends. I guess I was wrong.

You were the one that said yours still did. So you lied about that. I wouldn't have called you out if you said yours wasn't ready. You said "Mine does too". Hard to do that with no engine.

People running their mouths was the whole reason I quit racing before. I have nothing to prove. I do this for fun, I am not a "grudge racer".

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #19 - 03/06/11 at 16:14:57

Oh, and one more thing. I have heard from mutiple people you had been talking crap about me bhind my back for over a year. I jsut didn't believe it. All I said was that I didn't believe it Greg wouldn't say that. I just figured it was people trying to get us to race. When you started this I came to the realization that they were probably telling the truth all along.

I am not affraid to lose, I have lost many times in the past. I just try to stay in the middle and be friends with everyone.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #20 - 03/06/11 at 17:15:10

I didnt even know I started anything, I just stated my car did that years ago. The trash talking is what I allways liked about street racing. These days nobody talks trash and nobody races. Only ones that raced were Farmboy and Jason last year. Jason told me they had a blast. I bet they race again this year. I like the racing, I dont care if I am the fastest, I like the racing. I will let you know when my car is running and we can get together and race all we want to and I bet at the end of the day we will both say that was a blast.

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #21 - 03/06/11 at 17:46:38

I loved the racing but hated the trash talk, I probably started some of it many years ago but try to stay out of it. I was just being nice to Bobby, he has an awesome mustang. He payed me a very nice compliment and that's why I responded that it took me 21 years to get it to launch like that. It would not be right for me to say, "Thanks Buddy, my car launched like that 21 years ago and still does." It just makes no sense. Probably if I hadn't been hearing all the other talk I thought was actually not from you it wouldn't have bothered me. But Friday I heard you were still talking trash and I still didn't believe it. One person did tell me they thought you didn't have your car together but I thought they were wrong after you said it did.

I have no desire to go out and beat anyone else on this site or really any other. The only reason I race is for fun and to beat my old times. My only goal this season is to set a new 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile ET and MPH record for myself. I do want to come down and race with all my friends from Altus. "With" not against. They only reason I put my car back together was to hang out with everyone and shoot the crap at the track. I had no idea I was going to have to move right when I finished it. Honestly if I knew that I would have waited. Funny how things work out.

I know most people don't race with the same goals I have and I am not saying I am not wrong. I understand it's a weird goal to just race yourself. I don't hold an ill will towards anyone that just wants to go out and outrun people or be outrun. I did it for years and years. But that's not what I want to be a part of. If people don't understand that it's ok. Leave me out of the trash talk. I just want to see everyone that wants a fast car to have one. The definition of fast only maters to the owner. I don't care if they have a 9 second 1/8th mile street car or a 5 second one. I like them both the same and feel the desire to help them in any way I can... Continued Below.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #22 - 03/06/11 at 17:56:00

WOW I never thought I would run out of room in a post on here.

Please do not take that wrong. I am not afraid to run anyone. I have raced many people that I knew would beat me and I didn't care. That was the most fun part of the racing. But ask anyone I beat or anyone that beat me. I was still friends with them afterward and I respected them and I hoped they respected me. I am sure as a kid I did get out of line and probably did get lippy but hopefully I grew out of it.

I don't mind if people talk trash as long as both parties understand what's going on. I wouldn't want anyone talking behind my back and I am sure you wouldn't either. If anyone on this site wants to talk trash please do. I will never delete a post for that. You guys should feel free to say anything you like. I am not a heads up racer or a bracket racer or as much as I would love to be street racer. My street racing days was some of the funnest times of my life and I wish I could still do that. I have a great job and a great family and can't risk getting in trouble for that anymore. It's not the speed that keeps me from street racing, it's the law. I still always keep a nice street setup for my car but I have no reason why. If we both show up at a track and want to race that's great. If you outrun me that's great. If I outrun you that's great also. I would be fun but that's not my entire goal. I want to come down and make passes with you guys and when it's over stay and talk about it for hours.

The racing people I respect the most have been the ones that always raced me regardless of the outcome!

If you want to race me when you get your motor in let's do it. If you want to hang out and have fun, let's do it. I will never back down from a race at the track. I will not race my car on the street. I will not go to the track looking for a race. If anyone wants to , line up next to me, if not don't. Do it as a friend and not someone looking to chalk me up. If you do chalk me up, good for you...

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #23 - 03/06/11 at 18:06:42

Third and final part...

I don't mind getting beat and there is always a faster car. There is a 10 inch tired mustang over here I can't outrun and that's just life.

All I am asking of everyone is leave me out of the trash talk and let me be neutral. If anyone needs help or just wants to talk about something let me know and I will be glad to visit with anyone and if I can offer any advice great, if I learn something great. The one thing I can promise is I will NEVER talk bad about anyone on this site EVER. But if someone talks bad about me then I will not consider you a friend.

If you still want to race great, just let me know when and we can hook them up.

I hope I covered everything and everyone understands. Let's help each other build some fast cars!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #24 - 03/06/11 at 19:38:42

I didnt say it in my last post, but trash talk is fun as long as it is kept friendly. As I have always said, everything I post needs to be taken with humor. The whole Grudge Racer thing was supposed to be funny and not aimed at anyone. You and Jerry both have faster cars than me. But when mine is going I want to race both of you. Its been years since me and Jerry raced, but we had a good time when we did. I had the faster car but he beat me 3 out of 5 times we raced. Thats what I like to do is race for fun, it isnt life or death if you win or loose. I like it when everyone goes racing together and has fun, no matter who is the fastest.

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #25 - 03/06/11 at 19:53:35

I agree completely.

I am sure they will be good races. They may need to bring a nitrous truck to support all of us. You out cube me so you should be set!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

69nova
AltusRacing Newbies

AltusRacing

altus,ok
Reply #26 - 03/06/11 at 20:43:27

farm boy huh?

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #27 - 03/06/11 at 20:54:29

Well yea, hope that doesnt go against the political correctness of the world.

IP Logged

69nova
AltusRacing Newbies

AltusRacing

altus,ok
Reply #28 - 03/06/11 at 20:54:53

Jason says he is going to weld a tow hook to the front of my car so that he can drag my slow car down the track. I can't wait for that. He and I have a blast EVERY time we line up.

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #29 - 03/06/11 at 21:00:54

Thats what having hot rods is all about. Racing each other and friendly trash talking.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print