Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sept 10 Racing (Read 11109 times)
max
AltusRacing Newbies

Altus Racing!

Sept 10 Racing
08/28/10 at 01:15:50

I'm going to try and go to the track and see what the old Camaro will do with either my son JR or Jason driving. Heck I might even have a go at it. lol It seems that WF will be closed on that date, so it looks like Lawton will be the place. Gotta cure the heating problem before we go so I ordered one of those fancy radiators with all the bells and whistles. lol Max

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Re: Sept 10 Racing
Reply #1 - 08/29/10 at 12:17:53

Falls is back to every weekend as long as weather doesnt reach 100. Wish it was going on a Sat night,  Fridays are out for me.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

max
AltusRacing Newbies

Altus Racing!

Reply #2 - 08/30/10 at 03:02:38

It makes it really hard to plan a trip to the track without knowing what schedule they are on. Sorry to hear that Friday's are out for you, I know JR would love to see you if we got to come to the Falls. Max

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #3 - 08/31/10 at 21:11:13

I won't be able to make it that weekend. Monte was talking about Oct 8th or 9th but looks like Witchita is closed and I can't find a new schedule for lawton. Any ideas?

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #4 - 09/04/10 at 21:04:16

8th is Bracket Finals, most tracks will be closed. Bet Lawton will be closed also

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #5 - 09/05/10 at 16:10:10

Crap, we might have to make it another weekend.

Thanks for the heads up!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #6 - 09/05/10 at 22:52:26

Did anyone end up racing this weekend?

The Administrator.
IP Logged

69nova
AltusRacing Newbies

AltusRacing

altus,ok
Reply #7 - 09/09/10 at 13:50:50

Wichita is open Friday the 10th.

IP Logged

max
AltusRacing Newbies

Altus Racing!

Reply #8 - 09/11/10 at 01:27:42

Man what a blast. I forgot that the track could be so much fun. It was a little on the warm side and the humidity was a tad bit much, ut it still rocked. Just about everybody from the big city of Altus showed up with their car or came over to watch the rest of Altus with their cars. My son J.R. got to drive the Camaro. He's never been down a race track in his life but that didn't make any difference. Thank God  lol cause his reaction time could have been measured with a sun dial. He started off in the 700 range then 900 and finally back to an 800. He got better at the burnout also. I thought he was trying to get 300,000 miles out of the rear tires but towards the end he did better. His actual times came down on ever pass until the last pass when the car ran out of gas on the starting line. How embrassing. lol I want to thank all of our friends that helped JR get the hang of the car and tree.  Lets do this again soon.  Max

IP Logged

69nova
AltusRacing Newbies

AltusRacing

altus,ok
Reply #9 - 09/11/10 at 06:45:24

Say when.  Had a Blast.

IP Logged

max
AltusRacing Newbies

Altus Racing!

Reply #10 - 09/16/10 at 21:08:29

I'm going to try and go to the Big City tomorrow and see about buying a trailer. I borrowed Jeff's trailer when JR was here but I hate to ask again. Can't leave till mom's doctor appointment is over but it still should give me plenty of time to browse around. lol Ordered a fuel cell and gas gauge so we'll know the next time if we're getting low on fuel. It should be here next week. lol Sure hope we go back to the track sooner than later. Max

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #11 - 09/20/10 at 21:49:46

I heard you guys had a blast, wish I could have been there!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

max
AltusRacing Newbies

Altus Racing!

Reply #12 - 09/20/10 at 22:46:20

Boy did we have a blast. I didn't even drive and I had fun. lol I bought me one of those trailers from the Big City so I don't have to borrow again. Jeff's a good friend but borrowing a trailer is one of those tricky things that can ruin a friendship, especially if something happens to it.  Brent said something about trying to race this coming weekend before he has to start pulling cotton. If we're going to the track I need to get Julia in the car and try and show her how to operate all the bells and whistles. lol First have to get new fuel cell and gauge installed. Hope we get to go and see all of you there. Max

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #13 - 09/23/10 at 20:51:56

I used to borrow a trailer a lot! I am glad to have finally gotten one myself. Someone needs to take pictures at the track next time.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print