Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2 day jr show at wrp (Read 5690 times)
NITRONICK4601
AltusRacing Newbies

2 day jr show at wrp
06/17/08 at 15:27:28

In temperatures hovering at 100 degrees, racers, crews, and track personnel bravely took on the challenge of racing in the extreme heat at Wichita Raceway Parks North Texas Jr. Nationals. This event marked the 2nd R&S Machine Texas Outlaw 330 race of the 2008 season and the 1st race of the Texas Outlaw 330 Quick 32 series.

Saturday, June 14th, the Texas Outlaw 330 racers took to the track and Brandon Brewer, of Amarillo, Tx., put his Whaley powered RPC dragster in the #1 qualifier position with a 4.516. Erin Scott, out of Garland, Tx., was #2 at 4.530.

The final round of blistering competition saw #3 qualifier Nick Smith, from Altus, Ok., in his first ever Outlaw 330 race, and in a borrowed Halfscale car from the Brand X Racing stable, taking on Brewer. Smith stumbled a tick off the line and Brewer raced on to his 1st victory with a 4.568 over Smiths 4.589.

Low ET during eliminations was 4.490 from Brewer during the 1st round, and the best RT of the race was a .502 from Scott. Other racers included the brother and sisters team of Emily and Daniel Herod both with Whaley power, and Elizabeth Doman running a JR Race Car Titan engine.

Erin Scott is now in the points lead with 153, only 3 points ahead of Brandon Brewer with 150.

Sunday, it was time for the Quick 32 series to begin. Brandon Brewer was on fire again, taking the #1 qualifier here too, with a 4.391. Erin Scott and her Brand X Racing powered Halfscale was #2 at 4.408.

The final round was a local racer battle with #14 qualifier Douglas Doman taking on #10 qualifier Jessica Zuccarelli. Zuccarelli turned on the red light handing the big win to "Boogerman" Doman.

Douglas Doman is the early Texas Outlaw 330 Quick 32 series points leader. The overall points champion at the end of the season will pocket $300 cash and a championship trophy. A complete points rundown will be posted soon.

Congratulations to the event champions. The conditions you guys conquered were overwhelming. Thanks to everyone who competed. We hope you all had fun and hope to see you all at our future events. Thanks to the crew of Wichita Raceway for allowing us to bring the Texas Outlaw 330 series to your track and battling the heat right along with us.

We would also like to give a shout out to our series sponsors, R&S Machine, Harden's Race Cars, and Haddock Ltd. Thank you so much for your support.

The next event for the Texas Outlaw 330s is now only 2 weeks away in Prescott, Arkansas. Hope to see everyone there!

"Nitro" Nick Smith J/D 4601

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: 2 day jr show at wrp
Reply #1 - 06/17/08 at 19:54:09

Great job nick!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

NITRONICK4601
AltusRacing Newbies

Reply #2 - 06/17/08 at 20:02:36

Thanks. I brought home 3 trophies this weekend. i was tired from being strapped into the car all day and im sure dad was too. he is really sunburned. but it was a really fun weekend.  Cool Wink

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #3 - 06/18/08 at 08:09:36

I am sure your dad thinks it was worth the sunburn!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

streetisez

Chevy Speed

Reply #4 - 06/18/08 at 18:43:15

great job nick . sounds like you and timmy and the car was on a roll . 4.58 to a 4.56 that was a close race .

IP Logged

NITRONICK4601
AltusRacing Newbies

Reply #5 - 06/19/08 at 14:04:00

Acctually all dad got to do for this particular car was watch.  He didnt get to start it or anything.  He just got to strap me in.  The guy i drove for did pretty much everything.  I only got to drive and have all the fun. lol Grin

IP Logged

Jared Black
God Member

Chevy Speed

Arcadia, OK
Reply #6 - 06/23/08 at 07:02:31

Nice job!
Wink

JB

IP Logged