Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
YJ upgade stuuf (Read 1938 times)
fulltop

The Glass man

out in the shop
YJ upgade stuuf
05/07/07 at 10:04:38

a friend of mine off of another meassage board posted this for sale. I know this guy personally and he is a good guy. I have wheeled with him several times. this stuff has been wheeled hard but not abused. this stuff would be a great upgrade for some of you guys now running yj's.  HINT Blake, Steve.

YJ-ready Hi Pinion rear 9 + HP30 package

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following items are for sale now, but you can’t have them until after July 4, 2007. I have jeep trips already scheduled through that date and there’s no way I’m starting my upgrade right now.

For now, this is a package deal and package deal only: all or none. This could change.
$3000.00

Tires
4 ea. 36-13.50x15 IROK bias. Tires will be 1 yr old this June. Rock rash (of course; I wheel my Jeep), no plugs/patches, lots of tread left. Stickiest tires I’ve ever experienced. I bought the 4WPW replacement warranty. If it transfers and I can find the paperwork, then they come with that too. Balanced (all inner weights) and mounted on the wheels below.

1 ea 36-12.50Rx15 TSL radial. Spare that I keep on the trailer. That’s all I can say about it.

Wheels
5 ea 15x8 5x4.5 black rockcrawlers. Plenty of rock rash. Come with lug nuts for four wheels. I may even have some center caps around here if you want them.

Rear Axle Assembly
Currie High Pinion 9
Spring over
4.88s on a full Detroit
35 spline axles
disc brakes
hubs are drilled for 5x4.5 or 5x5.5 (currently 5x4.5 being used)
Note: this unit is several inches wider than stock YJ; I’m unsure how much.
2 years of some hard wheeling with zero trouble. Very stout axle assembly.
Shocks not included, but this could change.

Front High Pinion D30
Standard YJ fare for the housing, including vacuum disco (has always worked for me)
Spring over
4.88s with a Detroit Easy Locker (or whatever they call it…their Lockright)
Unknown brand of bolt-on high steer (for just the drag link). Moves drag link above leaf spring. Drilled for heim. At this time, DRAG LINK NOT INCLUDED. This could change.
Outers drilled for heims on the tie rod. At this time, TIE ROD NOT INCLUDED. This could change.
I run wheel spacers to make the front as wide as the rear; wheel spacers included.
Shocks not included, but this could change.
In two years of some hard wheeling I broke one driver side u-joint (which then broke the inner yoke), all while running IROKS that (when new) are almost 37” tall! Way stouter axle than I ever dreamed.
Spare parts: I have at least 2 short side complete assemblies, at least 1 long side TJ (one piece inner) complete assembly, and at least one complete YJ long side assembly plus an extra YJ inner half. Spare thick diff cover (Russ can make a buttface for you). Spare rotors, calipers, and outers, 2 of each. I forget what else I may have.

My 1.5” reverse-eye leafs are NOT for sale. This could change.
My drive shafts are NOT for sale. This could change.

$3000

Go check the price of a new Currie high pinion 9 center chunk all set up and ready to drop in. I think this is a pretty darn good package deal. Bolt it under your YJ with some add-a-leafs (or trim your fenders), get a drag link, modify your rear driveshaft, and you are ready to rock-and roll. I worked alone over the course of two or three weekends to get these babies under my YJ (and pull old axles and install old axles under the parts jeep). Get a bud or two to pitch in and you could transform your YJ into a pretty decent rockcrawler in a weekend.

469-693-2180
Everything located in northeast Dallas except Clayton for Memorial weekend, Colorado June 16 through July 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print