Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need help with TBI (Read 4013 times)
robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
need help with TBI
04/08/07 at 23:46:48

does anyone know any performance secrets to throttle body engine. this is new territory for me basiclly what I have is a stock motor with factory computer. I remember back when the 88 pickup came out they put chips in them and i didnt seem worth doing dollar to hp gain didn't make it worth it to me. Here is some of the questions i have will the throttle body intake bolt up to vortec heads? if I change cams do I have to mess with the computer, would I have to mess with the trottle body? like I said I no nothing about these computer controller tbi's I would like to keep it or maybe upgrade to tpi. Any help, tips or points in the right direction would be great Thanks Rob

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Re: need help with TBI
Reply #1 - 04/09/07 at 16:09:56

number 1 change to carbed lol,  number 2: if you want to keep it that way there is a place in arizona or somewhere ill have to look it up but you give them your cam size, head specs, and all that stuff... and they make the chip tuneable to your settings... there are some bigger cams that you can use with your stock computer but they are limited, kind of depends on what you want and how big you go... i think there are two different styles of tbi intakes one with vortec and one without the vortecs are missing the center holes and the bolt holes go straight down im pretty sure... all ive messed with is the lt's and ls's but are nearly the same

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Re: need help with TBI
Reply #2 - 04/09/07 at 18:40:55

I did a little research and found out that my intake will not fit the vortec heads but I can order just about any intake to use a tbi with the vortec heads. Does any one know if the the exhaust is the same? I also found a place that will rework the tbi port it and shave some things on it

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print