Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pinks All Out report (Read 2930 times)
Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Pinks All Out report
03/25/09 at 21:01:26

Pinks All Out was fun, except for having that lieing douchbag Rich running the show. Lots of cars, lots of people. We ran 1 time trial Friday, then 2 more Sat. Since we dont run 1/4 mile much, we didnt think about the rev limiter, and we bumped it on the the Friday pass, running only 10.24@127mph. On Sat we took the chip out and ran 10.13@132., then a 10.15@132. We were very happy with the way the truck ran and where we were et wise. Things went down hill after that. When we got the paperwork and at the drivers meeting, Rich said they would be picking a 32 car field, that they didnt have any pre picked class. After we ran our second time trial Sat. they anounced they had 3 32 car fields they were trying to decide between. All the racers were gathered around radios, speakers, anywhere they could to hear the ET class picked. After 2 hours or more of waiting, rich came and told everyone there were 3 32 car filelds, a 9 second group, all within .20 of each other, a high 10 second field, all within a .10 of each other, and a low 10 sec field, with 32 cars within half a tenth of each other. Thats .050 of each other. Talk about tight. After a few minutes of his rambling, he said he decided to take a 16 car, 11 second group of cars. All of the racers parked around us were really pissed. I know it is his show, but he lied to everyone, it sucked. We loaded up and came home. As we were leaving, there were lots of people and other cars leaving. Some people I know said about 50% of the fans left and about 90% of the racers left. There were lots of unhappy people. I was happy for the 11 sec group of cars, but didnt like the fact that they told everyone it would be a 32 car field. I did notice while driving around the pits, everytime you would see the cameras, they were talking to the slower cars, should have know then. He said he made his decision bassed on emails he recieved, so he had to know what et group he was looking for before he got to the races. Oh well, his show.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: Pinks All Out report
Reply #1 - 04/19/09 at 17:08:54

Man, that sucks! That would have been a blast had he run it well.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Re: Pinks All Out report
Reply #2 - 07/31/09 at 06:28:17

Did anyone watch Pink All Out From Ennis last night? They did show the S10 crossing the finish line once. Was in the right lane about 20 minutes into the show. If you blinked, you missed it.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print