Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
4X4 noob (Read 7877 times)
DZNTS
AltusRacing Newbies

AltusRacing

Altus OK
4X4 noob
04/09/08 at 19:42:39

Hi all. My name is Brian and I moved to Altus 7 months a go by way of the USAF. I bought a new 2007 Jeep JK Unlimited 4 door and have been looking for a 4X4 club for about 3 months. My Jeep is still stock. Due to a mistake by the dealership. I only got the hard top instead of both tops. So I have to save up $1600 for the soft top before I can buy the skyjacker lift and tires I want . I saw that there is an event this weekend at the copper mines and I would love to come out and see what you guys get into when you decide to go play. I don't know how to get there or if it's open to everyone so if you post directions I will show. Anyways I like the site and all the pics of the events. Here is a pic of my ride.

Brian

IP Logged

STL2SLO
AltusRacing Newbies

AltusRacing

Altus, Ok
Re: 4X4 noob
Reply #1 - 04/09/08 at 20:53:28

Hey, I likenthe JEEP. I want one, but a Rubicon...

Branden...

IP Logged

DZNTS
AltusRacing Newbies

AltusRacing

Altus OK
Reply #2 - 04/09/08 at 21:14:16

Thanks man. I want a Rubi too. but they cost $35k and not $28k. The payments would have been almost $650 a month for a Rubi. To rich for my blood. Plus I want to put thicker axles ,lower transfer case, and air lockers on it in about 5 years and that is all you get with the Rubi over the X.

FYI dont buy a Saharah if you plan to go off road. The painted fenders will be destroyed the first time you leave asphalt.

It's a great daily driver and  for a stock ride it turns plenty of heads (or will untill there are a ton of them on the road).

The back part of the hard top is to heavy and awkward for one person to remove. My wife can't even hold up her half and she's 5'9". If you drop it or chip it they cost $1700 to replace. The front two peices of the freedom top are a snap to remove and replace but Jeep has yet to make a padded bag or secure tiedown system for the cargo bay. So I have to keep 2 beach towels and a few bungie cords to keep them from sliding arround and breaking when I turn a t stoplights. Other than that I smile like a dipshit every time I drive it! Cheesy

IP Logged

sross

AltusRacing

ALTUS OK
Reply #3 - 04/10/08 at 08:16:45

welcome to the site ,, as for wheeling we welcome you we are going this weekend its only about 10 miles from altus , come by the altus animal control  behind altus motorsports and ask for steve that is where i work i will give you my # and how to get there thanks ,, go 11 miles south of altus to the elmer store then west (right) for 9 miles to the twe green gates with 6" pipe arch way on the gates the sign will leased by raymond  moody, the gates are on the left side of the road

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #4 - 04/10/08 at 11:24:02

Hey dznts welcome to the site and btw I dont think these guys worry to much about scratches or chips. Most of them don't even worry about body panels. They spend alot of time with the ground or rocks rubbing the sides. Grin

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

olcoe

Chevy Speed

Reply #5 - 04/10/08 at 18:10:58

hey steve, were did you go to school, didnt know 11+9=10, man hate to miss it but
on call this weekend, plus leaving on sunday for mexico.

IP Logged

sross

AltusRacing

ALTUS OK
Reply #6 - 04/11/08 at 08:17:03

hooo  are you going back home,, to see kin folks Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print