Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Abilene Drag Strip (Read 1986 times)
Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Abilene Drag Strip
01/09/08 at 17:43:36

Looking around at different drag strips in the area, I saw that Abilene sold over the winter and have switched back to IHRA. I always thought the fellows that were running the track last year messed up when they switched to NHRA 2 weeks before the first race of the season. Not that I think IHRA is better or worse than NHRA, but after test and tune sesions, they switched. On their web site, they have tore up the shutdown area of the track and repaving it and the return road. That is a nice track if anyone ever gets to go down there. If the new owners are anything like Tom Dupree and his wife were when they owned and ran it, it will be a great place to race. SMP will be open first part of March, if anyone is wanting to test and tune, Texas Raceway is open allready, some street racing friends have been down there allready last weekend. Hope everyone is ready, racing season is right around the corner. I hope to get the S-10 out more this year, Jim had the trans freshened and converter fixed, both were very bad, had been for sometime. I am ready to race.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print