Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
vw engine build (Read 5373 times)
bajaherbie

dune rider

real close to the cemetery...
vw engine build
09/21/07 at 23:18:11

thought i'd share a couple of photos of my engine build. this is a 1915 c.c. engine based off of a new stock 1600 case. the case was bored for larger 94 mm cylinders. the heads are aftermarket c.b. performance  044 heads, with dual valve springs and larger intake/exhaust valves. the engine also has an engle vz50 grind cam. it is a high reving off-road cam. underneath is an oil sump which holds 1 1/2 qts of oil. you can see the aftermarket oil filter housing. a stock vw engine does not have a filter but a cleanable screen in the oil sump. total capacity is about 4 1/2 quarts, which is much more than stock.
in the next photo you can see the oil cooler and the distributor installed also with the intake manifolds and the engine pulley.
also did a bit of porting on the intakes and cleaned up the rough stuff. probably gained an extra 150 h.p.
this is the fan housing that cools the engine. the screen keeps big chunks of trash and leaves out. the chain bounces around and knocks the trash off....
completed engine with weber 44 IDF carb and ceramic coated off-road exhaust installed.
installed in the car with larger airfilter. engine crankcase breather is on the right, silver color.

i'm not a gynecologist but i'll take a look.....

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: vw engine build
Reply #1 - 09/21/07 at 23:29:33

That looks great. I helped a kid build his vw motor when I was a kid. It was crazy after building a small block.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Jared Black
God Member

Chevy Speed

Arcadia, OK
Re: vw engine build
Reply #2 - 10/15/07 at 11:44:59

sweet!
looks good!

Jared