Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brakes? (Read 6109 times)
zfver

AltusRacing

Altus
Brakes?
07/05/07 at 21:47:04

Well Ive been trying to fix a little brake problem Ive been having but no luck yet. Everything was fine and then I replaced the pads all the way around. And now when I apply the brakes it pulls to the right. And when Im rolling like 5 or 10mph and just tap the brakes it will jerk the steering wheel to the right and when I let off it will straighten back up. I figured the rotors might have been warped so I replaced the front rotors with brand new slotted ones. Same problem. And yes I bled the line thoroughly. Im starting to get fed up with it cause I really dont know much about the brakes besides the usual. So who's the brake wize here. Or if you can recommend a shop around town. Thanks

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Re: Brakes?
Reply #1 - 07/06/07 at 13:24:49

I had the same problem with a chevy pickup Danny down @ Smith's firestone told me to change the rubber lines ti the front calipers. I remember thinking he must be having a bad day so I change several other things with no help so I finnaly changed the rubber lines and it fixed it. So I would just go talk to Danny.

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

M@

AltusRacing

A-Town
Reply #2 - 07/06/07 at 13:53:12

everytime ive ever ran into that problem its always been the brake line, they will start collapsing on the inside and hold pressure on that side,

M@
ml_rone  
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #3 - 07/09/07 at 18:37:52

+1 on the rubber brake lines, 90% of the people who stated that problem at oreillys didnt believe it until it was the last thing left to do and it fixed it, or it could be a hung caliper???   Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print