Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
!!!Check This Out!!! (Read 16334 times)
84silverado

Altus, Ok.
!!!Check This Out!!!
11/04/06 at 03:27:05

so i tore apart my truck this past week only to find that the motor was in great shape except for the fact the oil pump screen came off the oil pump, and that the tranny well look for yourself......

truck_071.jpg (120 KB | )
truck_071.jpg

IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Re: !!!Check This Out!!!
Reply #1 - 11/04/06 at 03:30:01

truck_072.jpg (199 KB | )
truck_072.jpg

IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #2 - 11/04/06 at 03:31:19

truck_073.jpg (151 KB | )
truck_073.jpg

IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #3 - 11/04/06 at 03:32:33

4.                                    Cry Cry Cry

truck_074.jpg (111 KB | )
truck_074.jpg

IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #4 - 11/04/06 at 03:35:02

So what would you guys recomend on the new tranny i know all my guts are still good and could just get a new casing but i want a reverse shift transbrake valve body put in it would you stick with the th350 or go to something else????    let me know your opinions

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #5 - 11/04/06 at 09:19:34

Good luck finding a case, I have been looking for about a year now. People that have them dont want to sell them. Been close to 20 years since they were produced, getting scarce. I were building one myself, I would go wth B&M trans rebuild kit, set the thing up shift automaticaly. Modify the govenor to shift at the rpm I wanted by using B&M governor kit. Nothing like putting it in drive and nailing it and letting it go through he gears on its on. I have run a car in the low 9's with litrous this way with no problems. I dont care for having to watch the tach and shift. By the way be sure and send your drive shaft to a good drive train shop to get it balanced and straightene or get one built, you wont be breaking cases. Also if you have solid engine mounts, dont run a solid trans mount, it will break cases also.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #6 - 11/04/06 at 10:42:34

I'm with downs. I would stick with a TH350 with a small block. I have broken a TH400 case before when I snapped the driveshaft. Pictures somewhere else on this forum. Also Like greg yo uusually see this when you have driveshaft problems or solid mounts at every corner. Also, I am one of the people with an empty case but I want to keep it.  =)

Jared paid almost nothing for his 350 from parts world. like 35 bucks or something if I remember right.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #7 - 11/04/06 at 15:25:58

well i had my driveshaft made by a guy in the city cant remember his name, that particular tranny had been built also in the city by a guy my uncle knows and he recalls that case being hard to find, i know it has hardened bands and clutches and governors and all have been built pretty tough. the guy who built it usually doesnt build street trannys from what i heard.  i have stock motor and tranny mounts also, are you saying i should go solid motor and stock tranny mount??  ive been looking at the tci valve bodies do you guys just not recomend puting a transbrake in or is linelock a better way, with the stall i have before the gears i could launch at 3500 with stock gears, now i cant get past 2000 before i start spinning the tires i would like to be able to launch at a higher rpm.  ive got a long tail sitting at the shop but conveinantly i have a short tail haha

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #8 - 11/04/06 at 17:50:56

I think you can use the case from a long tailshaft. Ony the rear guts are different.

I wouldn't use a transbrake unless you were going to run slicks. A truck needs to launch at a little lower rpm to keep from spinning.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #9 - 11/04/06 at 21:53:12

im going to tub it out and put a 4 link in it, with some knarly m/t's   Wink        what are your opinions on picking out a weld in 4 link kit ive found several different ones ill just have to figure out what coil spring size to run

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #10 - 11/04/06 at 22:13:52

I really like the S and W kits. When you call them they can tell you what springs to get. They even said that once you have it setup they will trade springs out for free if you need to.

With really wide tires you might start looking at running a turbo 400 and a brake.

Depending on how much power you make a 350 might ge a little weak with fat tires. But I have seen some take some crazy abuse!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #11 - 11/06/06 at 00:42:32

do they have a website??  i would like that to be put in this winter along with the wheels and tires if funds hold up.  what kind of setup would you recomend for the front suspension??  , im planning on going big roller with a super vic, eagle rotating assembly, and vortec or better heads. no idea what i would be putting out i would guess 500 crank before a hefty sauce.

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #12 - 11/06/06 at 08:23:41

http://www.swracecars.com/

That's where I got all my suspension stuff and that is also who Bill Moody recomends.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #13 - 11/14/06 at 01:54:58

hey chris do you have an old s&w catalog i could look at, o yeah and ive still got yours and robs tools whenever you want them back ill throw them in my truck so you could come up to work and get them whenever

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #14 - 11/14/06 at 08:22:46

I just use the web for the s and w stuff...

Thanks!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print