Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Brian's 67 shortwide (Read 27107 times)
Jims78

AltusRacing

Re: Brian's 67 shortwide
Reply #15 - 11/29/07 at 09:34:43

my 67 is a late in the year production so I have the side marker lights in the front fenders (no bed...good ole farm truck flat bed on it from the factory) but it doesn't have any wiring for the lights...I ran across two step side beds but really like the short wide look...I've seen a few articles on cutting the frame down...I'm going to go look at a 72 Chevy parts truck...if I go this route this will be the frame I use since I'll end up with five lug disc brakes, power steering, and maybe some gears that will allow me to drive it down the highway...vs the backroads...

Thanks for the info...that is one good looking pickup...of course...I've always loved that 55...tried buying from your Dad when it was parked over in the service station on Broadway in the mid-80s...really glad he didn't sell it...I never would have had it as nice as you've gotten it...

IP Logged

olcoe

Chevy Speed

Reply #16 - 11/29/07 at 20:09:43

THANKS JIM, GOING TO FIVE LUG IS A SMART THING TO DO, DOES AWAY WITH THAT
DRUM BRAKE FADE, AS FOR THE CAR IT'S ALMOST JUST LIKE IT WAS BACK IN THE DAY'S
IT JUST RUNS A LITTLE BETTER NOW, BUILDING A BBC FOR IT THIS WINTER, AFTER I GET
THE BUGS IRONED OUT ON NEW ENGINE PLANING ON FRESHING UP THAT 25 YEAR OLD PAINT
AND INT.  OH WAS GOING TO SAY I KNOW OF 2 PEOPLE THAT HAVE CUT DOWN THERE FRAMES
AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS, I WAS GOING TO CUT MY TILL I FOUND THE SWB FRAME.

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #17 - 11/30/07 at 14:54:57

Hey Jim I cut down a 79 in my garage. I just measued, squared it, ... then I tacked it and had the welder from the wleding shop next door weld it up for me. Before you cut it invest in some rebar though.

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Jims78

AltusRacing

Reply #18 - 11/30/07 at 15:17:59

Finding the welder is the problem I have...I've got the month of Dec to finish up some class work and then I plan on enrolling in a welding program up at the local vo-tech...we have a great welding bay on base...I just can't use it until I demonstrate that I won't kill myself or others...I think Bill at rent city was the last one to see my lack of welding skills...and I was just trying to cut off some mufflers...my Dad's might get recruited the next time he comes our here...he has some welding skills but I doubt he wants to trust it to something his grand daughter might end up in one day...

Brian...brake fade...man now that's funny...I have a bruise on my shin from bouncing the brake pedal off the floor board due to a faulty master cylinder...it stops now...well sort of...and that lack of power steering...that hurts after doing chest at the gym...very wide turns on the way home...

IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #19 - 12/05/07 at 12:19:28

I would also advise making some fish plates for it as well those could be bolted on until you can weld them.

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print