Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
loud exhaust!!! (Read 5194 times)
84silverado

Altus, Ok.
loud exhaust!!!
08/07/06 at 03:51:54

ok so my truck got pulled over twice this weekend for "improper exhaust". friday nite i was driving it and saturday nite a buddy was driving it.  the officer said that anything altered from the manufacturer is illegal, i stated that ive had this same exhaust system on this truck for over 3 years he said i needed to change it.  he said the city counsel has had alot of complaints for loud exhaust and they are cracking down on it have you guys heard anything???  i dont see how they can enforce such a thing when i know alot of people run aftermarket exhaust systems heck my grandpas truck has an aftermarket exhaust system...

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: loud exhaust!!!
Reply #1 - 08/07/06 at 08:20:39

Sad to hear.

They do that from time to time though.

As much as you drive it you are probably going to have to quieten it up for a time till everything settles down.

YUCK!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #2 - 08/07/06 at 12:41:55

yeah or maybe keep your foot out of it I've gotten to the piont where I can tell if you have your foot in the truck by hearing it I dont even have to see it remember I told you that once at oreills I was in the store and you where pulling up in the back.

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #3 - 08/07/06 at 12:53:41

It's the darn Rice Burners!

Blame them.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

slamed_89blazer
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

Reply #4 - 08/07/06 at 14:00:30

i never got pulled over for my exhaust...then again i really dont have much done to my engine but its loud ive heard so i dont know mybe noone likes you micheal lol jking

slamed_89blazer  
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #5 - 08/07/06 at 20:33:53

yeah but i know i didnt do anything wrong when i was cruisin around friday nite i prolli never went over 25 mph then i pulled over and waited on my friends all of a sudden here comes a cop when im already parked, he said i had improper exhaust, i didnt have a side mirror, and he said my tag light wasnt working which i soon corrected him that it was working.  yeah you can tell when im in it thats why i dont usually get into it in town especially just cruising around the drag, you will notice it when it's just cruisin around cuz it's around 3000 rpm's to get it to move up to speed.  i mean i have 2-1/4in. pipe headers back i want to run 3 in and bigger headers but why waste the money now ill just stick to taking it out every couple of weekends i guess, im done driving it everyday

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print