Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Something other than a Chevy. (Read 20594 times)
Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Re: Something other than a Chevy.
Reply #15 - 08/06/06 at 14:46:33

I made some passes in the Daytona, but it was bouoght for the purpose of running Phil Cooks engine. Phil raced the car, still does, I never borrowed his engine, we were partners on the car. Very simple. Ok now to your engine. My question was, where did you get your engine, not who built it, and since you want to show its pedigree, I will give everyone a history lesson. Jimmy Wright had bought Joey Clicks green Nova. BB, T400, car. He liked 355's, so he had Jerry build him a 355 with aluminum heads, roller cam etc. The car never performed with this combination, Jimmy Hall out ran it, I did with the wagon, it ran 8;o's.  He pulled the engine, blaming the car, not the engine. He bought the blue Lauritzen/Wright/Smiley Nova back. Him and Jerry had one of their many fueds, and wernt talking. He had Darrell Smith take the 355, and make it a 400. Jimmy wanted to get a 6 second et slip like allot of us allready had. He took this 400 to Faxon, made 1 nitrous pass, blew the head gaskets, burned all of the plugs and no telling what other damages were done. He got a 6;90 something pass out of it. He tore the engne down, sold everything, car parts, all hot rod parts had to Butch Smiley. Butch then took a bunch of parts to Jerry and had Jerry build him a 400 with aluminum heads for the blue Nova. Some where along the line Jerry got the Nova and engine form Butch. Jerry then sold you the engine. I dont know what you have changed stuff since you have had it, but you bought a Jerry built engine. That is the pedigree on that engine. No doubt it runs better, I have heard you ran some mid 6's with it. Now as for the other stuff in your post, this is a msg board for racing and things related to cars. As I have stated on another thread. Everything I say on here is meant to be taken in fun, with a good dose of since of humor. If I offend anyone, let me know and I will apoligize. And it wont happen again. I take everything that is said to me on here with a since of humor. I assume we are all having fun on here. Now lets keep all of the personal comments off here. Lets limit the stuff on this board to cars. And most of all, have fun on here. Now if you dont like some of the things I say, we can settle things in a manley way, lets line them and race.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

streetisez

Chevy Speed

Re: Something other than a Chevy.
Reply #16 - 08/06/06 at 20:11:50

the buick is fast . would like to see it at the track more

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print